24 Hour confidential support line for women: 1.866.993.2339
CMHA-CT sponsors Violence Against Women Programs for women aged 16 and over who are or have been living with violence and abuse.
You should know…
- You Are Not Alone. Violence and abuse happen to many women and any woman can experience violence and abuse.
- You Do Not Cause the Violence and Abuse. An abuser has learned to use violence as a means of control.
- You Do Not Have To Put Up With It. No one has the right to treat you badly. You have the right to live without fear of violence and abuse.
- Ignoring Violence and Abuse Is Dangerous. Even the threat of violence and abuse should be considered a danger signal. It will very likely happen again. Violence and abuse usually only gets worse.
Hide Visited Pages
Are you concerned about someone finding out where you’ve been on the internet? It might be safer to use a computer in a public library, at a trusted friend’s house, or an Internet Café.
You can delete your browser history to reduce the chances that your internet activities will be traced. If you are being monitored, it may be dangerous to change your computer behaviors such as suddenly deleting your entire Internet history if that is not your regular habit. You can delete a selected part of your browsing history to remain safe and avoid arousing suspicions.
If you’re using Internet Explorer:
1. Press the Ctrl and H keys together. A menu will pop up on the right hand side.
2. Expand the date where you would like to delete browsing history.
3. Select the item(s) that you would like to delete.
4. Pres the Delete key. A pop up window will ask you to confirm the deletion. Click Yes.
If you’re using Safari:
1. Choose the History menu
2. Select Show History and select items to be deleted.
3. Press the Delete key. Exit from the tab or window before stepping away from the computer.
If you’re using Google Chrome:
1. Press the Ctrl and H keys together. A new tab or window with your browsing history will appear.
2. Select the item(s) that you would like to delete.
3. Pres the Delete key. Exit from the tab or window before stepping away from the computer.