The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Cochrane-Timiskaming Branch is part of Canada’s longest standing mental health organizations. CMHA-CT is a non-profit charitable organization offering community mental health services to individuals living with mental illness to support them in living fulfilling lives. CMHA-CT also creates awareness and understanding of mental illness in our communities through advocacy, education and campaigns.
The Canadian Mental Health Association Cochrane-Timiskaming Branch believes recovery is a unique, ongoing journey. It is living a meaningful life to the fullest.
The following living values guide us in supporting recovery:
- Hope: We believe recovery is possible for all.
- The Person: We honour all facets of a person: strengths and struggles, hopes and dreams, and all aspects of being (mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, cultural)
- Strengths: We recognize that everyone has the potential qualities and resources to recover.
- Growth and Excellence: We embrace opportunities to learn and strive towards achieving full potential.
- Relationships: We value collaboration and know that relationships are key to recovery.