People living with a mental illness and an addiction /substance misuse have the best chance at recovery when both issues are addressed through a coordinated, integrated response. CMHA-CT’s Concurrent disorders service provides short-term intensive support aimed at coordinating services and resources, as well as facilitating linkages between mental health and addiction services to ensure a holistic approach to treatment and recovery.
Supports and services available through the Concurrent Disorders Program include:
- Outreach to hard-to-serve individuals
- Screening for addictions and mental health concerns
- Solution focused crisis management
- Motivational interviewing and goal development
- A Person-centered, recovery-oriented approach