CMHA Cochrane-Timiskaming Branch has a range of individually tailored support and assistance available to people experiencing challenges related to living with a mental illness.
Involvement usually begins by the person seeking service and identifying strengths, abilities and resources available with the Mental Health Worker to draw on to help meet needs that are important to the client.
Supports and services available through Case Management include:
- Ongoing assessment and goal development;
- Crisis intervention and outreach;
- Supportive counseling and assistance with problem solving;
- Assistance in accessing treatment and support in addressing symptoms and following through on treatment recommendations;
- Coordination of services with natural supports and other agencies;
- Assistance in meeting basic needs; and
- Advocating with and on behalf of clients as necessary.
- Supporting clients who have agreed to a Community Treatment Order