CMHA-CT housing support services are based on the principle that housing is a cornerstone of health and well being and that everyone deserves a safe and affordable place to live; as well as the right to live as independently as possible. CMHACT provides an array of supports and services which work to support the development and maintenance of living skills required to achieve these goals.
As part of the housing supports, CMHA-CT offer a number of Recovery Housing options in Timmins which provide safe and affordable housing choices where individuals are able to work on their housing related goals and subsequently, to work on their own recovery. Within recovery housing, individuals receive individualized assessment and planning, hands-on assistance with activities of daily living, crisis management, and peer support.
Supports and services offered through Housing Support include:
- Range of housing options including shared apartments and shared communal living. People sharing living space have an opportunity to learn or enhance their life skills as they share responsibility for the maintenance, up-keep and operation of their home.
- Rent supplements to secure and maintain safe, permanent housing.
- Development of strategies for successful independent living.
- Household management skills such as budgeting and housekeeping.
- Support with landlord/tenant rights and responsibilities.
- Support locating an maintaining safe affordable housing options in the community / environ of their choice